You’ve found the website of the California College Media Association, a nonprofit group that:
• fosters cooperation among colleges in the region
• speaks with a unified voice to address problems and issues that college news media face
• provides support and communications to advisers and editors
• nurtures college journalists, and
• shares resources.
Join CCMA for our annual awards banquet dinner honoring California’s best in college media at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 4, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Francisco. We are teaming up with the Associated Collegiate Press at its 33rd National College Journalism Convention, March 2-5.
Banquet ticket prices: $65 before March 1. The price at the door will be $80. Tickets are non-refundable.
DEADLINE to pre-register for CCMA banquet: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
For a full schedule, travel and hotel details, and to sign up to attend the ACP conference, visit the ACP convention site at http://acpsanfran.org/
To sign up for Saturday night’s CCMA awards banquet, please click this “Buy Tickets” link.
To pay by check, click the link above to make a reservation and bring your check to the banquet March 4.
NOTE: This registration only covers the CCMA banquet.
Rules for this year’s California College Media Association contest are now posted on the CCMA website. Find them here.
Significant rule changes from last year’s contest include:
• New divisions. Contestants will now compete in three groups: four-year schools with enrollments of 10,000 or more, four-year schools with enrollments under 10,000 and community colleges.
• Schools may submit two entries per contest category; only one of those entries can place in the category.
• Newspaper and online categories have been combined.
The deadline for the 2017 contest submissions is 9 p.m. on Jan. 13, 2017. The submission portal will open Dec. 7.
Directions for submitting entries is available here.
Our apologies for the delay in getting the 2017 California College Media Association Contest ready for entries. We’re hoping to have entry information, contest rules and a link to the entry port in the next day or so.
CCMA plans to open the online portal for this year’s contest Dec. 7. The deadline for entries will be Jan. 13, 2017.
Watch this space for a link to the online contest site. We’ve changed the way colleges and universities are grouped for competition and expanded the number of entries for each school, so be sure to read over the rules when they’re posted.