Important information about CCMA Spring Career Workshop and Awards Banquet

Thank you for registering for our CCMA event this weekend at CSU Fullerton. We have a full weekend planned for students, advisers and some families attending to see their students win. Nearly 100 are signed up for the workshop and more than 200 will be at the awards ceremony.

The following are some key details to know in advance and a link to a map.

Schedule & information

Friday, April 20
>> 1:30 p.m.: Tour of the Orange County Register. Meet in the lobby. For a map/directions, click here. Open to those who signed up.
>> 6-8 p.m.: Students Night Out: Bowling, billiards, food and fun. Mix and mingle with other students at Titan Bowl & Billiards at Titan Student Union. For CSU Fullerton map, click here.

Saturday, April 21
>> 8 – 9 a.m.: Registration, at CSU Fullerton Titan Student Union, Portola Pavilion

***Please tell students to bring copies of their resumes, cover letters or portfolios for the critique sessions with experienced recruiters. When they register they will then sign up for a critique session during the day. Space is limited, so please remind them to come prepared.***

Workshops: 9:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (pastries and lunch included)
>> Recent grads share their experiences in the real world (and how they landed a job).
>> From social media, blogs and a digital portfolio, how to  build your brand and get hired.
>> Crossover skills you will need to succeed in today’s market.
>> To go to grad school or not?
>> Interactive interview workshop.

Awards Banquet, 6:30 p.m., Titan Student Union, Portola Pavilion
>> Join us for dinner as we recognize the year’s best in student media. Check in starts at 6:30 p.m., dinner is served by 7 p.m.

Dress: We leave that up to you. In the past some students have dressed up. That said, we recommend casual to semi-formal. This is California, so anything goes!

Hotel, travel & parking information

Airport: The John Wayne Airport is about 18 miles from the CSU Fullerton campus. For a map, click here.

Hotel: CCMA has booked a block of rooms at the Fullerton Marriott for $79 per night. It is next to the university and within walking distance of the Titan Student Union. Reserve your room early, call 1-714-738-7800 and mention the CCMA rate.

CSU Fullerton parking: For maps and parking information, click here. There is free parking in the State College Parking Structure (SCPS) which is near the Titan Student Union and at the Marriott Hotel (M-HTL). Directions to the Titan Student Union:

From the North:
Take the 57 Freeway South and exit at Yorba Linda Blvd.
Turn right (west) onto Yorba Linda Blvd.
Turn left (south) onto State College Blvd.
Turn left onto Student Union Way.
The Titan Student Union will be located in front of you.

From the South:
Take the 57 Freeway North and exit at Nutwood Ave.
Turn left (west) onto Nutwood Ave.
Turn right (north) onto State College Blvd.
Turn right onto Student Union Way.

Download the map.

If you have any questions, please contact CCMA President Melissa Lalum, 818-677-2243, melissa.lalum@csun.edu.