CCMA 2011 contest winners

http://storify.com/qualum/a-weekend-with-the-ccma.js?template=slideshow[View the story “A weekend with the CCMA” on Storify]
The California College Media Association Awards Banquet highlighted the best in student media Saturday night at CSU Fullerton as more than 200 students, advisers and family members from throughout the state attended the event. The banquet recognized Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez as a champion of First Amendment rights and CAL-JEC’s Educator of the Year at a 4-year university was given to Amy Emmert, the adviser at UCLA.

The Daily Californian at UC Berkeley was named the best daily newspaper and best website in the state. Chico State’s The Orion won the prize for weekly newspaper and The Advocate from Contra Costa College won for non-weekly.  In the magazine category, Pierce College’s The Bull won general excellence. For all the winners, click on the links below.

General excellence awards

Print awards

Online awards

Magazine awards

Advertising awards

Check back soon to read some of the judges’ comments on the winners. Email cacollegemedia@gmail.com with any problems with an award.

Each year the California College Media Association holds a competition to honor excellence in student media at community college and university publications throughout the state. The competition typically draws hundreds of entries from both large and small schools. The weekend also featured a career workshop which nearly 100 students attended.