The California College Media Association seeks applications for its first ever CCMA Career Development Scholarship. This scholarship is designed to give financial assistance to a student who needs support in order to pursue his or her studies or practical experience. One example of how this scholarship could be used would be to help make an unpaid internship this summer more sustainable. The CCMA board will award two applicants with grants of $1,000 each. Applicants’ place of employment will not play a factor in the board’s decision. Applicants must be CCMA members.
How to apply: Please submit all of the following by May 20, 2013.
- Completed application form (below)
- Email Application, Resume, Transcript and Work Samples: After filling out your application form, you will send it along with the following documents, all in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line SCHOLARSHIP.
- Resume: Please include your educational background and work history.
- Unofficial Transcript: Please attach your most-recent transcript.
- One Letter of Recommendation: This letter should be from a professional who is familiar with your journalism experience and/or academic progress.
- Work Samples: Please note that these will not be returned. Please include five work samples, including the name of the publication in which they were published and publication dates. Working links to online work are acceptable.