2016 CCMA Student Media Awards Deadline is Dec. 7

Welcome to another year rewarding students’ hard work covering their campuses and communities. Below you will find your login information for the 2016 CCMA Excellence in Student Media Awards.

Entries are due by Dec. 7, 2015, at 9 p.m. Student finalists will be recognized at the Excellence in Student Media Awards reception at the Sheraton Universal in Los Angeles on Feb. 20, 2016. The reception is part of the Associated Collegiate Press Midwinter Convention, Feb. 18-20, 2016.

A couple of rules to note: News organizations may enter work only once per category, but they may enter several categories of the contest. Also, the Best Newspaper Website category has been broken into dailies, weeklies and non-weeklies (which includes online-only news organizations.)

Please follow the instructions below to enter the contest. The $150 fee pays for your contest and a year’s membership in the California College Media Association. The fee is payable when you check out. You may also write a check payable to CCMA, so long as it is received by Dec. 7, 2015.

Please read the updated rules on the contest main page. Each school may submit one entry per category. The judges will award students for first, second and third places, as well as honorable mention.

1. Go to the following link:   http://betternewspapercontest.com/ccma2016
  1. Select “Login to this Contest” in the top right or “Enter Here” on the right side of the page
  1. Select your media organization in the “Media Organization” drop down
  1. Enter ‘bnc’ as the password
  1. Click “Login”

The first time you login, you will be asked to update your account information and change your password.

Once you have updated your account information, you will be taken to the “Manage Entries” page. On this page, click on the “Submit Entry” button to begin submitting entries.

On the entry form, select the division, and the category into which you would like to submit the entry.

Fill out the rest of the fields on the form and click “Submit Entry” at the bottom of the page. See contest rules on the main page for more information.

Payment instructions:

Once you have submitted all of your entries and are ready to pay the entry fee, click “Calculate Entry Fees” on the Manage Entries page of your account.

If you are paying by a mailed-in check, click “Pay by Check”, enter the check number and click “Submit.”

If you are using a credit card or debit card, click “Pay by Card,” then enter your card number and expiration date, and then click “Pay Now.”

To use a PayPal account, click “Pay by Card,” then click “Check out with PayPal,” fill out the form, then click “Pay Now.” Follow the prompts to generate a receipt that you can print out and submit to your college or news organization.

Questions on rules and eligibility? Contact Michael Chute at mchute@calbaptist.edu or (951) 552-8721. You can also contact me at barbara.kingsley@gmail.com or (562) 985-5779. For questions on the site itself, Contact Better BNC on the contest page. Better BNC has been very responsive.

We are excited to have you joining CCMA! Thank you for participating and good luck to all.

Barbara Kingsley-Wilson
President, California College Media Association
Lecturer/Media Adviser
Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
California State University, Long Beach
(562) 985-5779