The CCMA is seeking entries for the 2011 California College Media Competition. All entries must be postmarked by Dec. 12, 2011. Follow these instructions to enter the contest:
1. Download and read the rules and details about the competition.
2. If you have not done so this fall, fill out the membership form.
3. Renew your membership with a check payable to CCMA or submit your payment via PayPal. Log in to your account, or create a new one, and send the payment of $125 to the CCMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Compile your entries. Follow the guidelines in the video below:
5. Mail payment, entry form(s), adviser signature page, one disk with visual entries and actual entries to:
California College Media Association
c/o Amy Emmert
118 Kerckhoff Hall
308 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1641
Questions? Contact Amy Emmert, email@example.com, or call 424-652-8644.
This year’s California College Media Association Awards Banquet featured dozens of winners from across the state and a record turn out. The event, held at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood, California, honored the best in the state’s student media and also recognized CNPA Legal Counsel Jim Ewert as a champion of First Amendment rights and CAL-JEC’s Educator of the Year Melissa Lalum, of California State University Northridge.
For a complete list of the 2010 winners, click here. To see past year’s winners, click here.
Check back in the fall for information about next year’s competition and banquet.
Each year the California College Media Association holds a competition to honor excellence in student media at junior college and university publications throughout the state. The competition typically draws hundreds of entries from both large and small schools. The contest is free for member publications.